Log in

Continuing education units

All water well contractors are required to be licensed by the state of Kansas. To maintain a license, once it has been obtained, the driller must complete 8 hours of continuing education units and submit them for approval by the Education Committee in care of the KGWA. After they have been approved, a report is sent to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment for the license renewal. A fee of $10.00 per CEU is required to process the requests for approval. The attached document reviews what is considered a viable CEU, and what is not. Part of the Kansas Ground Water Association’s job is to help licensed contractors find opportunities for their CEUs. The KGWA Annual Convention always has a high attendance because of the trade show and it provides enough seminars and workshops for a contractor to complete all 8 hours within two days.

Licensees' Information

  • 8 continuing education units (CEUs) are required by the licensee per year (July 1-June 30).
  • Only 4 hours of CEUs can be from safety training (like OSHA or HAZMAT) in each license year.
  • Only 2 hours of CEUs can be from online (web-based) education courses.
  • Each licensee will be mailed a CEU packet each license year to keep current on CEU status and receive the proper forms for that year. (Also available on this website.)
  • The application fee is $10.00 per hour (CEU) and should be submitted to the committee with the Request for Approval. (Form enclosed.) The application fee for a late submitted (after June 30) Request for Approval will be $50.00 per CEU.
  • Copies of Certificates of Attendance and Notification of Approval shall be kept by licensees in case future verification is necessary.
  • Any Request of Approval of CEUs must be submitted within 60 days after the workshop or seminar. Class program signed by presenter or person in charge of seminar or copy of registration signed by presenter or person in charge of seminar that states that you attended, or a Certificate of Attendance or Completion. A copy of the program timetable and content must be attached. If these documents are not available, call or write to the committee for instructions.
  • When a licensee attends a seminar or workshop that the sponsor has preapproved through the Kansas Continuing Education Committee, they will receive a Certificate of Attendance, issued through the workshop sponsor. In this situation it is not necessary for the licensee to apply for continuing education approval through the Committee as this has already been done by the sponsor. Please check with sponsor for details, some collect the application fee from you, some pay it for you.
  • Attendance at convention trade shows will count as continuing education for a maximum of one unit per trade show. Request for approval and proper documents proving attendance must be sent in with the $10.00 fee.
  • CEU credits will be issued in 1 unit or greater. Programs of less than 50 minutes will not be awarded credit.
  • Licensees can receive credit for presenting a portion of a workshop or seminar and receive credit for attending the remainder of the workshop. In both cases, proof of attendance and presentation must be submitted with the Request for Approval. Credit for a presentation will only be given for the first time the specific presentation is made.
  • When submitting proof of attendance to the Committee for a workshop — submit a copy — as originals cannot be returned.
  • Each Request for Approval shall be completed thoroughly before the Continuing Education Committee processes the Request. Please make sure the Request is signed by the presenter or proof of attendance is included. (Payment of registration fees is not proof of attendance.)
  • If a licensee's Request for Approval is denied, they may resubmit to the Committee, indicating that they would like to appeal the Committee’s decision. The Continuing Education Committee Chair will process the appeal request according to the appeals process.

  • Licensees will be notified in May, if they have not completed the CEU requirement for the current license year. Any appeals or corrections should be sent to the Committee, in writing, before June 1.

    Call or Email Us
    (620) 548-2669


    2250 N Rock Rd., Ste. 118, MB 183
    Wichita, Kansas 67226

    Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software